Submit your idea for a film and win cash prizes and participate in workshops with recognized filmmakers with the opportunity to present the idea to producers from the Polish Producers Guild and a real chance for screening.
All rights to the ideas submitted in the competition will remain the property of their authors (more details)
Imagine a competition that sees and develops extraordinary film ideas and gives them a chance to hit theaters. A competition that invites screenwriters, filmmakers, writers, journalists, students, every professional and ambitious amateur to present their own film vision. Then it allows you to refine it during meetings and workshops with experienced filmmakers. Imagine that the finalists get to know the most outstanding film producers and have a real chance to screen their ideas. Imagine that such a competition has just been created
The idea behind the Imagine Sobie Competition is to create a chance to bring your film ideas to life and present them to a global audience. We know that there is no cinema without history. Our task is to catch those that will hypnotize the audience and capture their imagination. We created this initiative to listen to stories and connect the originators with the best producers in the industry.
The Imagine yourself competition, apart from selecting and rewarding the best originators, creates a bridge between them and representatives of the film industry. It is also a mentoring platform for the finalists so that they can develop their ideas under the guidance of experts and realistically increase the chances of screening the final stories.
Importantly, all the ideas submitted and the final presentations developed during the workshops remain the property of the participants, and the Organizer in no way influences or specifies the conditions of their possible sale.
We are looking for ideas where history is the most important. It’s not the genre that counts, it’s the story and the expressive characters that count. Stories can be amusing or touching. They can raise important topics and make viewers reflect. They can comment on the present day and trigger a social discussion, directly or indirectly.
We are waiting for ideas about love, values and rules.
Reported stories can tell about the past that in a universal way refers to today’s world. Likewise, they can try to tell the future and create a completely unknown world.
The stories we are looking for should engage and attract viewers.
1ST PLACE – 20 000 PLN
2ND PLACE – 15 000 PLN
3RD PLACE – 10 000 PLN
During the Final Gala, we will announce the authors of the three winning works who will receive the „Wyobraź Sobie” Competition Awards for the first, second and third place. The process of selecting the best works consists of three stages. All submitted treatments will receive a rigorous and careful consideration. Following that, they will be submitted for evaluation by the Competition Committee, who will select final treatments. At last the Competition Jury will review the selected ideas and make the final decision based on a secret ballot vote.
All submitted film ideas will be available for three months on a special platform, to which all members of the Producers Guild of Poland will have access. They will be able to read the content of each treatment and get in touch with the authors of the projects. Our goal is to create a platform through which each story will have a fighting chance to get developed and make it to the big screen. The „Wyobraź Sobie” Competition aims to be a bridge connecting the world of ideas and the world of cinema.
Additional award for all the finalists is an invitation for two days of workshops and networking with the producers associated with Producers Guild of Poland. Authors of the best ideas will have a chance to meet the members of the Competition Committee and Jury to talk about their treatments and exchange ideas. Our experts will do their best to provide feedback and inspire authors to work further on developing their stories. During the workshops the finalists will receive an excellent dose of knowledge about how to create a film script and then a film itself. All this to encourage the participants and together create great cinema.
Chair of the Wyobraź Sobie Committee
Her recent productions include films like: an Oscan winner Ida and a triple Oscar nominee Cold War (both directed by Paweł Pawlikowski), Robert Schwentke’s The Captain, Mariusz Wilczyński’s Kill it and leave this town, and an Oscar nominee Quo vadis, Aida? by Jasmila Zbanić. She was listed in the index of the 500 most influential business leaders by Variety 500.
European Film Academy and AMPAS member.
He responsible for the visual concept of the film Schindler’s List directed by Steven Spielberg, for which he received an Oscar. His work on the film The Pianist by Roman Polański won the Cezar Award. He worked with Andrzej Wajda, Krzysztof Kieślowski, Agnieszka Holland, Janusz Zaorski, Władysław Pasikowski, Faith Akin and Peter Webber.
Member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, European Film Academy, Polish Film Academy and Association of Polish Filmmakers
Programming Director TVN Discovery Group
Radio and TV journalist. One of the founders of the RMF FM radio. Since 2008 he has been involved in the largest Polish festival of independent cinema, OFF CAMERA. Producer of documentaries, including Bartoszewski. Droga, Beats of Freedom and In The Shadows of Casablanca. Recipient of the Super Wiktor Lifetime Achievement Award as well as Media Person of the Year at Media Trendy 2009 Competition. In TVN Discovery Group he is responsible, among other things, for the production processes of TV series and films. An avid innovator, not afraid to take major risks that have usually turned out successfully. Willing to share his experience and support young talents.
Journalist, Film Critic
Author of the festival programme concept and artistic director of the Film and Art Festival Two Riversides in Kazimierz Dolny and Janowiec. Founder of the iconic Kocham Kino magazine discussing all cinema matters. Realised a plethora of cultural TV programmes, which have been recognised with numerous awards. Several international film festivals jury member, including Berlin, Cannes and Bari.
Member of the European Film Academy and Polish Film Academy.
He plays the main role in the Oscar-winning film Ida and in the Oscar-nominated work Cold War (both films directed by Paweł Pawlikowski). Winner of the Eagles Award in the Best Male Lead Role category for the film Gods. He collaborated with Agnieszka Holland, Jan Kidawa-Błoński, Jan P. Matuszyński.
Winner of the Polish Film Awards’ Best Director and Discovery of the Year categories. Director of the Corpus Christi, which was nominated for the Academy Award in the Best International Feature Film category, as well as Suicide Room and Warsaw ’44. Awarded at the most important international film festivals, including Cannes, Venice, Berlin, Toronto, Palm Springs, Chicago, Rotterdam, Busan, New York and Los Angeles.
Worked on Claire Denis’ High Life, Agnieszka Holland’s Mr Jones and Aleksandra Terpińska’s Other People. She has collaborated with Brady Corbet, Agnieszka Smoczyńska, Juliette Binoche and Robert Pattinson.
Member of the European Film Academy.
Screenwriter and Film Producer
Recipient of the Polish Film Award as well as the award at The Gdynia Film Festival in the Best Script category for Łukasz Palkowski’s film Gods. Screen writer of Maria Sadowska’s The Art of Loving. Creative producer of Jan Komasa’s Oscar nominee Corpus Christi and Jan Holubek’s TV series “Rojst”. Screen writer and producer of Adrian Panek’s TV series The Mire realised for Canal+.
Member of the Polish Film Academy.
Film producer Aurum Film founder
The Golden Lions Award at Gdynia Film Festival winner for Jan P. Matuszyński’s The Last Family. Produced Jan Komasa’s Oscar nominee, The Polish Film Awards winner for Best Film Corpus Christi. Worked on numerous productions such as the Silver Lion at The Gdynia Film Festival awarded Jan P. Matuszyński’s Leave No Traces as well as his TV series Król, Jacek Lusiński’s Carte Blanche, Jan Belcl’s All my friends are dead, Borys Lankosz’s Dark, Almost Night, Maciej Bochniak’s Magnesia.
Member of the Producers Guild of Poland
Become a finalist, submit your idea.
“THE LAST DANCE” TREATMENT
Adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat.
Adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat.
01 HOW CAN I APPLY TO THE COMPETITION?
02 WHAT IS TREATMENT?
It is a description of the film containing a record of the plot and the action of the film. Treatment should be written in an understandable way, it should convey the essence of the story and outline the whole story well. It is important to describe the characters in such a document, present their profiles, personality and show their character. They should be shown in the context of the story and relations with the other heroes of the future film. What is very important is to show the characters in the story. Their dilemmas, decisions, dilemmas, motivations. Show fully the situations that the characters are struggling with. Treatment is the beginning of the road to an extensive scenario. On about 10-15 pages, you need to outline the message of the film, get the producers, directors and screenwriters interested in it to make them believe the story.
03 HOW SHOULD THE TREATMENT BE PREPARED?
Treatment should contain an exhaustive record of the plot and the action of the film.
Formal requirements for formatting the document:
Document margins should be in the following order: top - 2.5 cm, bottom - 2.5 cm, left - 2.5 cm, right - 2.5 cm.
Line spacing: 1.5.
Font: Times New Roman, 12 pt, color: black
Number of characters on a page approx. 2500 (no spaces approx. 2200, words approx. 370)
The document formatting template is available at this link.
Treatment sent by the form should be saved in a PDF file.
04 DO I TRANSFER THE COPYRIGHT TO THE ORGANIZERS BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION?
The copyrights to the film idea submitted as part of the Imagine Sobie Competition remain with the author of the idea. The Organizer of the Competition does not acquire the rights to ideas. The aim of the Competition is to award the best ideas for films, as well as to create opportunities for the development of history and give the possibility for originators to connect with producers from the Polish Producers Guild.
05 WHAT CAN I WIN IN THE COMPETITION?
The Imagine Sobie competition will select finalists and / or finalists (7-12 ideas) who will be invited to take part in the workshop weekend. During the workshop weekend, the finalists and / or finalists will have the opportunity to develop the project with the mentoring of renowned filmmakers and creators and present their ideas to the producers of the Polish Producers' Guild.
Additionally, all finalists will be invited to the final gala, during which the winners of the competition will be announced. The organizers expect cash prizes for the first three places: 1st place - PLN 20,000 (gross), 2nd place - PLN 15,000 (gross), 3rd - PLN 10,000 (gross).
06 CAN I ATTEND A WORKSHOP WEEKEND WITHOUT BEING A FINALIST?
The workshop weekend is a form of reward for the authors of ideas selected by the Competition Jury. This is a closed event.
07 WHAT HAPPENS TO VIDEO IDEAS AFTER THE COMPETITION?
All ideas for films will be placed on a special cloud, to which all members of the Polish Producers Guild will have access. Each work will be marked with the author's first and last name, contact details and copyright information. Producers associated within the Polish Producers Guild will be able to familiarize themselves with each of the ideas. If they are interested in any of the ideas, they can contact the author. The organizers of the Imagine Sobie Contest create a platform for film originators and film producers to facilitate cooperation, but they are not a party to any process of purchasing the rights to ideas.
08 WHAT IF I'M CHOOSED_ FINALIST_ WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE WORKSHOPS FOR AN INDEPENDENT REASON?
Workshops for finalists are a unique opportunity to meet and talk live with the Chapter, Jury and guests of the weekend. We are aware that there may be a need to participate in the Online Workshop. As organizers, we are committed to providing the possibility of remote participation in workshops, classes and presentations.
WHERE WILL THE WORKSHOP WEEKEND AND THE GALA TAKE PLACE? WILL THE FINALISTS OF THE COMPETITION HAVE ENSURED ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORT?
The workshop weekend and the Final Gala will be held in the Manor in Obory. This is a unique place near Warsaw, in Konstancin-Jeziorna, which was established in the 17th century. From the second half of the 20th century to the beginning of the 21st century, it housed the House of Creative Work of the Polish Writers 'Union and the Polish Writers' Association and the Polish Pen Club. In 2020 The Starak Family Foundation decided to breathe new life into this place. Referring to its artistic and film tradition, the Manor House in Obory in June 2022. it will become home to the Imagine Sobie Contest's two-day weekend.
All finalists will be able to use the accommodation provided by the organizers and will be able to settle transport costs in accordance with the Competition Regulations.
10 WHERE AND WHEN WILL IT BE POSSIBLE TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE FINAL GALA OF THE COMPETITION, IMAGINATE YOURSELF?
The Final Gala of the Competition will be fully closed. We do not provide for the possibility of purchasing an admission ticket. We are planning a live implementation of the event. We encourage you to follow us on our social media. We will keep you informed about the events surrounding the Competition.
11 WHO IS THE COMPETITION ORGANIZER?
The competition is organized by the production house Watchout Studio Sp. z o. o. The event is held under the honorary patronage of the Starak Family Foundation and the Polish Producers' Guild.
12 WHAT IF A DESIGN PROJECT IN A COMPETITION WILL BE PURCHASED during the competition TO MAKE A FILM BASED ON IT?
The Imagine Sobie competition is an initiative whose goal is not only to select the best works and reward them, but also to create a platform for establishing business contacts with producers from the Polish Producers' Guild. We want the submitted works and their authors to be able to make their films, therefore we want the submitted works to be fully owned by their authors. If the submitted project is purchased in order to make a film based on it, before the Workshop Weekend, it will be withdrawn from the Competition. The author of such work is obliged to immediately notify the Competition Organizers about the sale of rights or licenses.
13 IN WHICH LANGUAGE WILL THE WORKSHOPS AND MEETINGS BE CONDUCTED AS PART OF THE WORKSHOP WEEKEND?
Pursuant to the Regulations, works submitted as part of the Competition must be written in Polish. On the other hand, workshops and meetings will be conducted, depending on the lecturers, either in Polish or in English. The organizers undertake to provide a simultaneous interpreter at the explicit request of the finalist.
REGULAMIN Konkursu na Pomysł Filmowy „Wyobraź Sobie”
§1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
- These Regulations (the “Regulations”) define the rules for participation in the “Wyobraź sobie” Competition for a Film Idea (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition”).
- The Competition will start on 28 March 2022 and will end with the Final Gala on the date stated in the schedule of the Competition presented on the Competition website.
- Applications shall be accepted from 28 March 2022 to 28 April 2022 until 23.59 hrs.
- The Competition is not a game of chance or betting within the meaning of the Act of 19 November 2009 on Gambling Games.
- Participation in the Competition is voluntary and free of charge.
- For the purposes of these Regulations, the following definitions shall apply:
- Treatment – understood in accordance with the definition of the Polish Institute of Film Arts (Programy-Operacyjne-PISF-2021_wersja_opublikowana.pdf): a full record of the plot written in the present tense. Proportionate, i.e. dedicating the same space to all actors in the film. A story using a screen unfolding narrative, and thus showing “what is happening” in the film. The story should be structured in a clear and comprehensible way. It shall explain the behaviour of the characters of the future film, development of their personality, motivations to take concrete actions, relations with the environment. It should contain descriptions of the scenes allowing to understand the course of the story. The characters of the film should be clearly outlined in action. The Treatment should convey the message of the film – not journalistic declarations, but what we can see on the screen. It is important to explain why and how the future film has to make a viewer to believe the story.
- Organiser – Watchout Sp. z o.o. ul. Obserwatorów 7, 02-714 Warszawa, e-mail: email@example.com, NIP 525-24-16-197.
- Partner – shall mean Stowarzyszenie „Polska Gildia Producentów” (Polish Producers Guild), ul. Piękna 24 /26A, 00-549 Warsaw, Tax ID No (NIP): 7010891547.
- Participant – shall mean a natural person with full legal capacity, excluding members of the Jury, the Competition Committee, the Organiser, the Patrons, as well as their close family members and employees. Employees shall also be understood as members of the governing bodies and persons constantly cooperating with the Jury, the Competition Committee, the Organiser and the Partner under other agreements.
- Team – from two to three Participants who are co-authors of the Treatment;
- Competition website – the website at: KONKURS – Konkurs Wyobraź Sobie (konkurswyobrazsobie.pl), which contains all information about the Competition, through which a Participant may take part in the Competition and is informed about its course;
- License Agreement – an agreement under which the Participant or the Team undertakes to grant the Organizer a license in accordance with Annex 1 to the Regulations; The license agreement does not entitle the Organizer or any third party to use the Treatment to develop a scenario based on it or use it to create a work based on such Treatment; The treatment or its abbreviations and studies may be used by the Organizer only to conduct the Competition and its promotion, the Organizer’s marketing activities and the promotion of the Participant or the Team.;
- Jury – a body appointed to select the three best Treatments and to award the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, composed of 5 persons selected by the Organiser and the Competition Committee. The composition of the Jury of the “Wyobraź sobie” Competition 2022 will be published at www.konkurswyobrazsobie.pl
- Competition Committee – a body appointed for the substantive assessment of Entries composed of 5 persons selected by the Organiser. The composition of the Competition Committee of the “Wyobraź sobie” Competition 2022 will be published at www.konkurswyobrazsobie.pl
- Reader – a member of a body appointed by the Organiser to verify the formal conditions for the Entry and the Treatment at the Stage 1.
- Expert – a member of a body appointed by the Organiser initially assessing the value of the Treatment at the Stage 2.
- Finalist – a Participant or a Team whose Treatment has been qualified to the Stage 3.
- Entry – the completion of all required information fields and the correct transmission of this information together with the Treatment via the Competition website;
- Weekend workshop – a closed meeting of Finalists with recognised film makers and authors, combined with a cycle of workshops during which participants will have a chance to develop their projects, present themselves in front of producers from the Polish Producers Guild; a description and schedule can be found on the Competition website WARSZTATY – Konkurs Wyobraź Sobie (konkurswyobrazsobie.pl).
- The purpose of the Competition is to select the three winning Treatments out of all properly submitted for assessment Treatments for the full-length feature film written by a Participant or a Team and to grant the Awards.
- The Competition consists of four stages.
– Stage 1– verification of the formal requirements for the Entry and the submitted Treatment;
– Stage 2– selection of no more than 35 best Treatments;
– Stage 3 – selection of no more than 12 final Treatments;
– Stage 4 – award of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
§3 Formal requirements for participation in the Competition
- A Participant or a Team entering the Competition may submit two Treatments. If the Participant submits more than two Treatments, the first two Treatments will be qualified for the 1st stage of the Competition.
- A Participant or a Team must meet the following formal requirements for participation in the Competition:
- requirements for participation in the Competition:
- registration on the Competition website;
- providing true and complete required data of all Authors;
- requirements for participation in the Competition:
- expressing any required consents on the website ZGŁOŚ SIĘ – Konkurs Wyobraź Sobie (konkurswyobrazsobie.pl) understood as acknowledging the entire content of the Documents and confirming compliance with their provisions;
- sending a Treatment to a full-length feature film via the Competition website by 28 April 2022, 23:59 hrs;
- conclusion of the License Agreement
- Terms and conditions of Treatment:
- written for a full-length feature film;
- written in the Polish language;
- in. pdf format;
- composed of 10-15 pages, excluding the cover page,
- characters on the page approx. 2500 (no spaces approx. 2200, words approx. 370);
- margins: top – 2.5 cm, bottom – 2.5 cm, left – 2.5 cm, right – 2.5 cm;
- interline: 1.5
- Font: Times new Roman, 12 pt, colour: black
- in accordance with the format/formatting template available on the Competition website;
- is a work created by a Participant or a Team;
- A Participant or a Team shall enjoy all copyrights, both moral and economic, to the entire Treatment until the last day of the Competition;
- free from any legal defects and any encumbrances;
- does not violate the rights or interests of third parties, including that a Participant or a Team has all consents to the use of image or character in case of deriving ideas from true life stories or characters;
§4 RULES FOR SUBMITTING COMPETITION ENTRIES
- A Participant or a Team shall register via the Competition website.
- During registration, a Participant or Team members shall provide their personal data and other required information, confirm that they have read and accepted the Documents, complete all fields marked with an asterisk (*) and attach the Treatment.
- When sending the Treatment, a Participant or a Team member undertakes to tick the box confirming the conclusion of the License Agreement. Without such confirmation, a Participant or a Team cannot participate in the Competition.
- Once a Team has registered, an electronic message will be sent to each of its members to the e-mail addresses provided by each member of the Team with a request to confirm: 1. compliance of personal data, 2. familiarisation with the content of the Documents, 3. terms and conditions of the License Agreement. The confirmation referred to in the previous sentence consists in sending to the Organiser’s e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org a message containing the words “I confirm”. If even one member of the Team does not confirm 1. compliance of personal data, 2. familiarisation with the content of the Documents, 3. terms and conditions of the License Agreement, the Team will be excluded from participation in the Competition.
- A Participant or a Team member may subscribe to the Newsletter. By subscribing to the Newsletter, a Participant or a Team member agrees to the processing of his/her e-mail address for the purpose of receiving information. The consent may be withdrawn at any time.
- Participation in the Competition, as well as the rights and obligations associated therewith, including the right to the award in the Competition, shall not be assigned or otherwise transferred to any other person.
- Failure by a Participant or a Team to meet any of the conditions for participation in the Competition set out in the Regulations or appendices thereto shall result in exclusion of such Participant or Team from further participation in the Competition at any of its stages and depriving it of the right to receive the award.
- Submitting the entry to the Programme by a Participant or a Team member is voluntary and free of charge.
§5 COURSE OF THE COMPETITION
- The Competition consist of four stages:
- Stage 1– verification of the formal requirements for the Entry and the submitted Treatment;
- Stage 2 – assessment of the Treatments and selection of no more than 35 Treatment the highest number of points awarded;
- Stage 3 – selection of no more than 12 final Treatments;
- Stage 4 – award of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, granting awards.
- An Entry or Treatment containing formal deficiencies shall be rejected, without calling for their supplementation, of which a Participant or a Team shall be informed to the e-mail address provided in the Entry.
- The Stage I involves the assessment of meeting formal requirements by a Participant or a Team. The assessment shall be performed by the Readers.
- Entries, together with Treatment that meet formal requirements, will be submitted to the Experts for substantive assessment at the Stage 2.
- The Stage 2 involves the assessment of the following elements, which are scored on a scale from 0 to 5 points:
- production potential
- casting potential
- A decision on the qualification to the Stage 3 shall be taken on the basis of the sum of points awarded by the Experts. The Experts will take a decision to qualify to the Stage 3 more than 25 Treatments if it turns out that more Treatments than one have received the same grade as the grade of the last Treatment qualified to the Stage 3. A decision of the Experts shall be final and may not be appealed against.
- At the Stage 3 the artistic values of the Treatment are assessed.
- A decision on the qualification to the Stage 4 shall be made through voting of the members of the Competition Committee. A decision of the Capital shall be final and may not be appealed against.
- The Jury’s decision to award the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place shall be discretionary and shall be taken as a result of voting. The Jury’s decision shall be final and may not be appealed against.
- Decisions of the Competition Committee and the Jury shall be made by a majority of at least 3/5 votes of its composition.
- The accuracy of the formal conduct of the Competition is supervised by the Attorney appointed by the Organiser.
- The Schedule of the start and end of each Stage will be given on the Competition website in the tab NEWSY – Konkurs Wyobraż Sobie (konkurswyobrazsobie.pl)
- The Organiser is the founder of the awards in the Competition.
- The awards in the Competition are:
- for the 1st place – PLN 20,000.00 gross (twenty thousand zlotys);
- for the 2nd place – PLN 15,000.00 gross (fifteen thousand zlotys);
- for the 3rd place – PLN 10,000.00 gross (ten thousand zlotys);
- Prior to the payment of the awards, the Organiser, as a payer, shall collect from each of the awarded participants and pay to the account of the competent tax office the due tax on winnings, in accordance with the applicable regulations. The award granted to the Team shall be equally divided among all member of the Team so that the applicable tax can be calculated.
- The awards will be paid to the bank accounts provided by the Finalists.
- Each Finalist is invited to participate in the Final Gala, i.e. the ceremony of granting the Awards.
- Each Finalist may attend the Weekend Workshops.
- The Organiser shall cover, at its own expense, the cost of stay of the Finalists at a hotel chosen by the Organiser in Warsaw or Konstancin-Jeziorna from 23 June 2022 to 26 June 2022 until 11:00 hrs, including accommodation and meals.
- The cost of commuting and returning to the place of residence shall be reimbursed to the Finalist by refunding the equivalent of the price of the 2nd class PKP TLK or InterCity railway ticket (excluding Express InterCity Premium).
§ 6. Violation of the Regulations
1. A violations of the provisions of the Regulations by a Participant or a Team may result in their exclusion from participation in the Competition. A decision on this matter shall be made by the Organiser in consultation with the Competition Committee.
- A Participant or a Team shall be notified of the Organiser’s decision to the e-mail address provided in the Entry. A Participant or the Team may raise justified objections to the Organiser’s decision within 3 days of its receipt to the e-mail server supporting the e-mail address provided in the Entry. The Organiser shall consider the objections within 3 days and shall send a final decision. No appeal may be made against the Organiser’s final decision.
- A violation by a Participant or a Team of the following provisions of the Regulations shall result in immediate exclusion from participation in the Competition or withdrawal of the Award:
- § 3 par. 2 (a) (ii.), (v);
- § 3 par. 2 (b) (x.)-(xiii.)
- If the Organiser finds out that the Treatment violates applicable laws, including third-party rights, the Organiser shall:
- a) exclude the Participant or the Team from participation in the Competition;
- b) take a decision to withdraw the Award.
The provision of § 6(2) shall apply accordingly.
- The Participant or the Team, whose Award has been withdrawn, shall be obliged, at the request of the Organiser, to return the Award together with the costs incurred by the Organiser.
§9 PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- All personal data shall be collected, processed and made available in accordance with the law applicable in the Republic of Poland and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter: GDPR).
- The Organiser shall be the controller of personal data processed during the Competition.
- The Controller appointed a Data Protection Officer, Mr Adam Baworowski. Requests concerning personal data processing should be submitted to the following e-mail address: email@example.com or to the Controller’s postal address with the annotation: IOD.
- For the purposes of the Competition the following personal data are collected:
- name and surname;
- e-mail and IP address and phone number
- Personal ID No (PESEL)
- identity document series and number
- address of residence
- bank account No (applicable to Finalists)
- Personal data shall be processed for the purpose of running the Competition, pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR – the necessity to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract and after concluding a contract its performance in order to determine the parties to the License Agreement and to specify the Participant or the Team Member, Article 6(1)(f) – legitimate interests pursued by the Organiser in the form of maintaining contact and exchange of information, in order to prevent fraud, ensure network and information security within the IT systems and defence against claims, Article 6(1)(c) – the processing is necessary for compliance with the legal obligation to which the controller is subject – settlement of taxes.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to third countries and shall not be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
- The provision of personal data is voluntary, however it is necessary for participation in the Competition and conclusion of the License Agreement, and failure to provide such data will make participation in the Competition impossible.
- Personal data will be processed until the end of the Competition or until claims expire.
- Personal data may be transferred to entities providing IT, accounting, legal and advisory services to the Organiser only for the purpose of achieving the objectives of the Competition on the basis of concluded agreements on entrusting the processing of personal data, where required.
- Personal data of Participants (including Team members), namely a name, surname, e-mail address and telephone number will be made available to the Partner for the purpose of establishing and maintaining contact between the Partner and the Participant.
- A Participant has the right to request from the Organiser access to, rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data, the right to object to the processing, the right to data portability, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
§10 CONSENT TO USE AN IMAGE
In connection with participation in the Competition, the Participant hereby grants to the Organiser and the Partner an irrevocable consent to use and disseminate his/her image, figure, voice, personal data (name and surname) and look fixed during the Competition or in connection therewith or during documentary recording of the course of the Competition (including the Final Gala), including all photographic and visual documentation, in all forms and on all media, in particular shots in the form of stills, posters, photos in newspapers, publications, documentary or archival movies, in the press, on all fields of exploitation existing at the time of concluding this Agreement, particularly on the fields of exploitations listed in Article 50 of the Act of 4 February 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights.
§11 FINAL PROVISIONS
- The descriptions of events referred to in the Regulations may change.
- In addition to the provisions of the Regulations, the information concerning the Competition published on the Competition website will also be binding on the Participants.
- These Regulations are made available free of charge on the Competition website.
- All comments and reports concerning violations of these Regulations should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act on copyright and related rights and other applicable laws shall apply.
- Appendices No 1 – template of a License Agreement and No 2 – template of a Consent to use an image form an integral part of the Regulations.
- These Regulations amended in par. 1 sec. 6 lit. h and par. 11 section 7 against the current one shall enter into force on April 9, 2022. time. 1:00 p.m.
The Personal Data Controller (the “Controller”) is
Watchout Studio Sp. z o.o. ul. Obserwatorów 7, 02-714 Warsaw, email: email@example.com,
Tax ID No (NIP) 525-24-16-197.
The Controller has appointed a Personal Data Protection Officer, Mr Adam Baworowski, who can be contacted at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 509164300.
By displaying the website www.konkurswyobrazsobie.pl, data stored in cookies are processed, and when contacting via the form or e-mail, the sender’s e-mail address, IP number and any personal data provided by the sender on a voluntary basis in the form and content of the message are processed.
Personal data are processed for the purpose of exchanging correspondence by electronic means and carrying out the activities necessary to conclude an agreement – to take part in the WYOBRAŹ SOBIE competition edition 2022 in accordance with its Regulations rules and Regulations and to perform the agreement.
Personal data are processed on the basis of:
Article 6(1)(b) of GDPR – processing is necessary for the performance of a contract (Regulations, license agreement, consent to use an image) to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- Article 6(1)(f). GDPR – the legitimate interest of the Controller – exchange of correspondence by electronic means and maintaining contact, informing about own services and improving access to this information.
The data are provided on a voluntary basis, however, failure to provide such data will make it impossible to exchange correspondence, maintain contact, conclude and perform the agreement, participate in the Competition;
The recipients of personal data are or may be: entities that provide e-mail hosting and IT outsourcing services to the Controller and the Partner;
The data shall be processed until the end of the Competition and stored until the expiry of the statute of limitations for claims; after that period, personal data shall be erased unless their further storage is necessary for the protection of rights or the pursue of claims.
You have the right to request access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection to processing (except for sworn translation activities), as well as the right to data portability where permitted by law.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal data Protection in Warsaw;
Please be aware of the risk related to maintenance of confidentiality during the use of electronic means of communication.
- Forms a part of the website SUBMIT YOUR IDEA – WYOBRAŹ SOBIE competition (konkurswyobrazsobie.pl);
- is used for taking action at the request of the data subject, concluding an agreement (participation in the Competition);
- fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory;
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
- Cookies files (the so-called “cookies”) are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored in the User’s device and are intended to facilitate the use of websites. Cookies contain the name of the website from which they originate, the time for which they are stored on the computer and the name of the cookie and its value. The information contained in the file may be read only by the website from which the file originates.
- Cookies are necessary for the correct functioning of the websites and are used to:
- adapt the content of the websites to the User’s preferences and optimise the use of the websites; in particular, these cookies allow you to recognize your device and view a website tailored to your preferences;
- remember whether the User has consented to display selected content on the website,
- The following cookies are used: session cookies and persistent cookies. “Session” cookies are temporary files that are stored on the User’s device until the user logs out, leaves the website or turns off the software (web browser). “Persistent” cookies are stored on the User’s device for a period specified in the parameters of cookie files or until they are deleted by the User.
- The following cookies are used:
- session cookies that remain on your device until you leave the website or close your browser;
- persistent cookies that remain on your device for a period specified in the file parameters or until you delete them manually.
- The User may change the cookie settings at any time in accordance with the instructions of individual browsers.
- Disabling or changing cookie settings may affect certain functionalities of the websites.
- The website is equipped with the following cookies: